trauma-conscious yoga method℠ teacher training
with nityda gessel
This 25-hour teacher training provides certification in The Trauma-Conscious Yoga Method℠, as approved and recognized by Yoga Alliance.
The Trauma-Conscious Yoga Method℠ integrates trauma-informed yoga therapy and somatic psychotherapy practices. This training is for mental health professionals, yoga teachers, coaches, bodyworkers, and/or anyone wanting to deepen their understanding of and ability to work with trauma using yoga as a healing modality.
This training has a strong clinical focus and is helpful in achieving a richer understanding around the impact of trauma, the various ways it manifests, and the options for treatment and trauma resolution. Six months of previous yoga practice is recommended.
In this experiential training, you will:
- Learn about the history and philosophical implications that create and sustain yoga's usefulness in clinical contexts
- Receive an overview of Trauma and PTSD: what they are, how they impact the body-mind-spirit continuum, how they are stored in the brain, and how yoga is a supportive modality in their resolution, as supported by research
- Develop a rich understanding of Polyvagal theory within the above content and a brief look into the neuroscience of trauma
- Experience a diverse repertoire of Yoga tools including mindfulness meditations, mudras, yoga breathing exercises (pranayamas), and yoga poses (asanas) that have been proven effective for resolving trauma and improving overall mental health
- Learn about yoga psychology and the clinical application of the chakra system in assessment and treatment planning
- Gain an understanding of the The Trauma-Conscious Yoga Method℠ and how it differs from other Yogic perspectives
- Learn techniques from several somatic-based psychotherapy modalities, including Somatic Experiencing, Internal Family Systems, Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Therapy (EMDR), and mindfulness-based interventions
- Participate in a practicum/case presentation to increase your skill and confidence level in working with clients using The Trauma-Conscious Yoga Method℠
- Attain the skills to make your sessions Trauma-Informed
Friday, January 4: 11 - 7:45pm
Saturday, January 5: 1:00 - 8:00pm
Sunday, January 6: 1:00 - 8:00pm
Monday, January 7: 11:00am - 6:00pm
Cost: $770 ($100 Early Bird discount by Nov 1). Students & Non-Profit Employees receive $50 off using Promo Code: SAVE50
*Payment plans available, please contact email@example.com prior to registering.
*Teacher trainings are non-refundable. Bend & Bloom credit is available for cancellations with at least 24 hours notice.
To view the course curriculum and learn more please visit www.traumaconsciousyoga.com