Work Exchange Yoga Program
To make yoga accessible to lower-income students, we have designed a work exchange program where students can earn classes through basic work at the studio. Bend + Bloom’s work-study positions are integral to the success of the studio and therefore come with a certain amount of responsibility and accountability. Our work-study positions require one shift per week (usually 2 hours) with a minimum commitment of 6 months.
Our Work Exchange positions are in the areas of
- Front Desk - greeting students and signing in classes
- Outreach - distributing postcards and other materials in the neighborhood
- Laundry - washing mats and towels at 5th ave laundromat
- Cleaning - deep clean of the entire studio once per week
- Outreach - flexible
Front Desk Responsibilities
- Work-study staff must demonstrate respect and reliability, and make every one of our students feel that each visit is an exceptional experience.
- Provide outstanding sales and customer service - greeting customers, answering questions, recommending classes, troubleshooting, in person, or via phone.
- Accurately checks in classes, rings up retail purchases, workshops, packages and gift certificates.
- Maintain a clean and organized studio through regular tasks and chores, straightening boutique and organizing props as needed.
- Be completely present and conscious of the vibe you are projecting, leave personal agendas and belongings away from the front desk.
- Commit to the position for at least six months
- Regularly attend Bend & Bloom Yoga classes
- Be dependable, punctual and trustworthy
- Must be willing to initiate tasks & perform duties without direction, including cleaning & tidying
- Inform the studio as soon as possible in advance and work to find coverage for shift if unable to fulfill weekly duties
- Provide adequate notice to the manager if you can no longer maintain a regular weekly shift
- Front Desk + Outreach: Be a people person and possess exceptional communication skills
- Front Desk: Be willing to be trained on our procedures and our software
For more information or to arrange an exchange, please email email@example.com.