Shaktiyoga New York 200-Hour Teacher Training with Julie Dohrman
Shaktiyoga Align + Flow is a comprehensive 200-hour Yoga Alliance® Registered Level 1 Teacher Training led by Julie Dohrman (ERYT-500). The training is designed for enthusiastic students of yoga who desire a more committed practice and higher understanding of the yoga pathway in life, as well as those who want to learn the tools of great Align + Flow yoga classes and serve as a teacher.
The complete 200-hour program includes a progressive immersion into the primary elements of yoga, including asana, pranayama, history, and philosophy. We will be joined by expert guest teachers, and Julie will mentor you the whole way. You'll have the opportunity to observe and assist classes, and you will receive free classes at Bend + Bloom for the duration of the training to help deepen your practice.
Once completed, you will be able to register with the Yoga Alliance for your RYT-200. Bend + Bloom also offers graduates the opportunity to teach a weekly Hour Align class at our studio.
Weekend modules will teach you to:
- Create effective, intelligent, and empowering classes that connect to yoga's higher meaning
- Teach all levels, including the raw beginner
- Help the prenatal and postpartum yoga student
- Learn the refined skills of therapeutic yoga
- Lead pranayama, meditation, and subtle body practices
- Give clear verbal cues and exceptional hands-on adjustments
- Become masterful in the biomechanics of the body by learning precise alignment technique
Minimum 18 months - 2 years regular yoga practice recommended. No prior teaching experience necessary, nor do you have to be flexible, injury-free, or super athletic. Please be ready to commit fully to the group time together, and to your own growth!
After you submit your deposit you will be sent a questionnaire to review your qualifications for the program. If it is determined that you are not ready for the training your deposit will be fully refunded.
2018 TRAINING SCHEDULE:
- Requirements: 10 weekends of in-person instruction; 5 mentor sessions; 10 hours of observing and assisting classes; 2-5 hours of at-home study per week; increased yoga practice (inc. required classes)
- Schedule: Fridays 6:00-9:30p; Saturdays + Sundays 1:00-8:00p.
- Weekend Dates: Feb 9-11, Feb 16-18, Mar 16-18, Mar 30-Apr 1, Apr 13-15, Apr 27-29, May 11-13, May 25-27, Jun 8-10, Jun 22-24
- 5 Mentor Sessions: Fridays (7:30-9:30p): Feb 23, Mar 23, Apr 20 and/or Sundays (1:00-3:00p): Apr 8, May 6, Jun 3*
Tuition includes training manuals and unlimited membership. Books and other supplies are not included.
Monthly payment plans can be arranged. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
*Mentor session dates subject to change.
ABOUT SHAKTIYOGA NEW YORK
Julie Dohrman has evolved her own method and style of teaching yoga as an instructor for nearly 15 years, with roots in Anusara and Vinyasa. A true teacher of teachers, Julie focuses on the depth of knowledge that only comes from a fully saturated experience in all facets of yoga – invigorated asana, pranayama, chanting, meditation, community building, and svadyaya: the study of the philosophical content and higher meaning that yoga practices bring to life. Julie’s training will help deepen what students already know and set the foundation for teaching yoga with expanded knowledge and exceptional skills.