Work Exchange Yoga Program
To make yoga accessible to lower income students we have designed a work exchange program where students can earn classes through basic work at the studio. Bend + Bloom’s work-study positions are integral to the success of the studio and therefore come with a certain amount of responsibility and accountability. Our work-study positions require one shift per week (usually 2 hours) with a minimum commitment of 6 months.
Our Work Exchange positions are in the areas of
- Front Desk Assistants - greeting students and signing in classes
- Outreach Assistants - distributing postcards and other materials in the neighborhood
- Laundry - washing mats and towels at 5th ave laundromat
- Cleaning - deep clean of the entire studio once per week
Front Desk Assistants: Work-study staff must demonstrate respect and reliability, and make every one of our students feel that each visit is an exceptional experience. In exchange, you will receive one free class for every hour worked at Bend & Bloom Yoga.
- Front Desk + Cleaning: Wednesdays 11am-1pm
- Cleaning: Friday afternoons
- Marketing: Weekdays 2-4pm or Weekends
- Provide outstanding sales and customer service - greeting customers, answering questions, recommending classes, troubleshooting, in person, or via phone.
- Accurately checks in classes, rings up retail purchases, workshops, packages and gift certificates.
- Maintain a clean and organized studio through regular tasks and chores, straightening boutique and organizing props as needed.
- Be completely present and conscious of the vibe you are projecting, leave personal agendas and belongings away from the front desk.
- Commit to the position for at least six months
- Be a people person and possess exceptional communication skills
- Be willing to be trained on our procedures and our software
- Regularly attend Bend & Bloom Yoga classes
- Be dependable, punctual and trustworthy
- Must be willing to initiate tasks & perform duties without direction, including cleaning & tidying
- Inform the studio as soon as possible in advance and work to find coverage for shift if unable to fulfill weekly duties
- Provide adequate notice to the manager if you can no longer maintain a regular weekly shift
To arrange an exchange, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.