Hands-On Assists Training with Denise Hopkins
Refine your teaching and reignite your passion in this one-day workshop. This is an excellent opportunity to build confidence in your hands, learn new assists, and connect with other teachers in your community. Whether you are a brand new teacher or have been at it for years, you will leave with lots of new tools to incorporate into your group classes and with private clients.
The afternoon will start with an asana class to get you warmed up for assisting. Please bring an extra set of yoga clothes. This workshop is open to teachers of all styles and levels. Also open to students currently enrolled in a teacher training course.
- Learn how to touch in a compassionate and heart-felt way
- Learn assists for seated poses, standing poses, heart openers, and basic inversions
- Learn pose modifications for common injuries
- Explore cueing with clarity and brevity
- Refine your assists by receiving first-had feedback as you partner up for every pose
Upcoming Dates: November 12th 1-6pm
*The cost of the workshop includes a materials fee.
*Hours from this training can be applied to Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Hours
Denise Hopkins has been teaching yoga for over a decade. She is a national assistant to Ana Forrest at workshops and teacher trainings. She is known for her friendly demeanor, clear instruction, and skilled energy work in hands on assisting.