advanced Prenatal Teacher Training
with Lara Kohn-Thompson & Beth Donnelly-Caban
Join long-time prenatal and postpartum yoga teachers Beth Donnelly Cabán and Lara Kohn Thompson for a weekend of in-depth exploration of the anatomy, physiology and Yoga practice well-suited to the needs of pregnant women. We will cover a broad range of topics, including:
- how to empower women to listen to their own bodies and being to make appropriate and safe choices in their practice and their life
- how to safely sequence and teach a flowing class that relieves the common discomforts and restores energy to pregnant mamas
- building a bridge from pregnancy to labor and the early weeks postpartum
- explore ways that the various aspects of yoga provide support to women and families through this journey
- partner work as a way to connect
- rebozo work to support comfort, ease and therapeutic techniques such as additional stability and fetal positioning
- working with high risk pregnant population
- the appropriate use of touch and safe hands-on tools for teachers
- self-care practices such as massage and acupressure
We will have time to discuss any challenges and questions participants have encountered in their teaching.
This training is ideally for already certified prenatal teachers but is also open to yoga teachers and birth professionals with more limited training.
Upcoming Dates: Oct 27-29th
Schedule: Friday, 6:30-9:00pm, Saturday 1-8pm, Sunday 1-8:30pm
Lara Kohn Thompson is a certified Yoga teacher and trainer (E RYT 500; RPYT). She is a Prenatal teacher trainer for the Integral Yoga Institute and a certified APOR practitioner (approche posturo - respiratoire) with a focus on prenatal, birth and postpartum. She has trained extensively with Blandine Calais Germain, a physical therapist and author of many books on the study of anatomy for movement. Lara is certified in Germain's Anatomy of Movement series specifically designed for pelvic floor health and core training: "Perinee et mouvement"® and "Abdos sans risque"®. Along with her group classes Lara offers individualized physical care and training for women through the childbearing years, Integrated pelvic floor health for women at all stages of life as well as and Birth early postpartum workshops for couples .
Beth Donnelly Caban began her formal training at the Integral Yoga Institute in NYC in 1997 studying with Sri Swami Satchidananda, Swami Ramananda and Kali Morse. She has been teaching prenatal yoga since 1998 and has been attending births at homes, hospitals and birthing centers since 2001. Beth is certified as a midwife assistant & labor doula through The Farm in Tennessee. She served on the Board of Directors of the Childbirth Education Association of Metropolitan New York (CEAMNY), where she is a certified educator. She has also trained with Janet Balaskas and Michel Odent at the Active Birth Centre in London and prior to that, earned a B.A. from Johns Hopkins University in cultural anthropology and public health.